Re: [netatalk-admins] Howto establish a zone?

Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] Howto establish a zone?
From: ME (dugan@libwais.sonoma.edu)
Date: Tue Nov 30 1999 - 23:32:18 EST

Very nice! :)

I D/L compiled, set up 2.1.3 and though I did not find any documention in
the READMEs, on the setup, a strings on the binary gave me enough
qualified error messages on "router" option that I was able to figure to
add -router first, and then -zone "zone name" after the other options, and
it appears to work...

Source code has more documentation on this than strings on the binary, but
it is very cool for my home LAN.

Example for zone set up in my atalkd.conf:
eth0 -router -phase 2 -net X-YYYY -addr XXXXX.YY -zone "Nerd House"

Went out and ran "getzones" from a different linux box, it shows me my new
zone "Nerd House"

My mistake. The earlier version of asun-netatalk did not support this, but
at least 2.1.3 does...

The Changelog had this to say on the topic (only references I found on
this...)

In the new Changelog:
1998-08-28 a sun <asun@purgatorius.zoology.washington.edu>
        * etc/atalkd/config.c,main.c: -router now specifies router mode
        with any number of interfaces.
1998-08-27 a sun <asun@purgatorius.zoology.washington.edu>
        * etc/atalkd/main.c (as_timer): well, i figured out how to set up
        atalkd as a single-interface router. now, you can get zones with
        only single interfaces! i'm only waiting on wes for the approved
        configuration toggle.