[netatalk-admins] Newbie Question: afpd seems disconnects my mac, if there is a HFS CD mounted in the directory...

Subject: [netatalk-admins] Newbie Question: afpd seems disconnects my mac, if there is a HFS CD mounted in the directory...
From: William J. Brinkman II (brinkman@cs.princeton.edu)
Date: Sat Dec 04 1999 - 21:15:32 EST

Hi everyone: I just installed the netatalk+asun rpm from redhat's
contrib on my system. My Linux box is a P3 450, running RedHat 6.1. My
Mac is a PowerBook 5300 running 8.1.

Here is the deal: I can connect to my Linux box using AppleShare just
fine, usually. The problem is that when I mount my Mac OS 8 CD in linux
(using the afpd option), afpd disconnects me every time! It doesn't seem
to matter where in the path I mount the CD...if it is anywhere in the
shared path, afpd disconnects me immediately. I cannot tell if afpd is
crashing, or what exactly is up. I have tried several different sets of
flags for mount, including setting the GID and UID to my GID and UID,
and also setting names=netatalk and fork=netatalk, even though the afpd
option should do both of these automagically.

Any ideas? Thanks! I looked around the web for help on this, but
couldn't find anything on the Faq-O-Matic.

--
William "Bo" Brinkman                         brinkman@cs.princeton.edu
Princeton Computer Science        http://www.cs.princeton.edu/~brinkman