Re: [netatalk-admins] Mac Manager for Linux - Explained

Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] Mac Manager for Linux - Explained
From: Howard Schultens (hs@neuro-physiol.med.uni-goettingen.de)
Date: Thu Dec 09 1999 - 04:27:35 EST

Jared Benedict wrote:

> For those who haven't had a chance to see Mac Manager I'd thought I try to
> explain myself a bit better.
>
> Mac Manager has two parts. A central database of users. Each user has
> their own password, preferences, folder for storage etc.
>
> Then there is a client side which is built right into Mac OS 9.

Is there any way to use Macintosh Manager in conjunction with a
Linux (netatalk) server? Has anyone out there done this?

-- Howard

Dipl.-Phys. H.Schultens Tel: +49 551 39-5914
Zentrum Physiologie FAX: +49 551 39-5923
Humboldtallee 23
37073 Goettingen mailto:hs@neuro-physiol.med.uni-goettingen.de
Germany http://www.neuro-physiol.med.uni-goettingen.de