Re: [netatalk-admins] Mac Manager for Linux - Explained

Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] Mac Manager for Linux - Explained
From: eirvine (eirvine@tpgi.com.au)
Date: Thu Dec 09 1999 - 16:29:00 EST

Unfortunately, it seems to store a user's files and preferences
in its own Mac Manager folder on the server - this is a similar
set up to At Ease for Networks. Thus a user's files are *not*
stored in their OS X "home directory". Nor a are passwords sync'd
with the /etc/passwd.

This is likely to be a major setback for people like me who wanted to
use SAMBA as well.