[netatalk-admins] "too many files open"

Subject: [netatalk-admins] "too many files open"
From: Chris Colburn (ccolburn@ncrel.org)
Date: Tue Dec 14 1999 - 14:59:17 EST

When copying a large number of files (~2500 under a nest of folders) from
a Sun Ultra 10 (Solaris 7) box running pre-asun-2.1.4-35 to a G4 running
8.6, things start to gack after copying about 45 files with a "An error
occurred in copying "myfile" (too many files open)". Have I missed a
configuration option somewhere, or did this get fixed in pre36a? If
anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

Chris Colburn
Web Systems Associate
North Central Regional Educational Laboratory (NCREL)
e: ccolburn@ncrel.org