Re: [netatalk-admins] netatalk questions

Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] netatalk questions
From: admin (admin@theidf.com)
Date: Tue Dec 14 1999 - 15:01:46 EST

  Thanks! One of the probs I'm having is Mac users not being able to
see/use files that were copied/created by unix stations - we have one big
filesystem that is used by NFS for Linux/Solaris boxes, netatalk for the
Macs, and samba for like two win32 boxes. The file server is linux.
  Will the Macs see/use the shares that don't have an .Appledouble in the
directory? Also, we have problems with files disappearing (already
checked for Macuser probs), alias probs, and sometimes when the MacOS
8.x/9 users delete a file, the entire directory gets thrown in the
'Network Trash Folder' but doesn't physically disappear from the
filesystem (i.e., I can still see the files from a unix shell).
  I'll check out the link below.. I'm surprised this isn't a bigger
'thing' in the unix community - these iMacs are like a plague of
translucent gumdrops in the corporate world and this package is great for
global filesharing.

Rich