Re: [netatalk-admins] type -50 error

Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] type -50 error
From: Brian Bergstrand (brian@viper.cso.niu.edu)
Date: Wed Dec 15 1999 - 10:35:36 EST

On Tue, 14 Dec 1999, Lance Hart wrote:

> None of the solutions have worked. I should give you guys
> some more detail.
>
> I do the following to the dirs I create:
>
> chown root.[group] [directory]
> chmod 770 [directory]
> chmod g+s [directory]
>
> This works great on the Samba side. Is there a way to force
> file permissions in Netatalk like you can do in samba.
>
> I guess in the case I am in the files need to be written with the
> following permissions:
>
> -rwxrw----
>
> But I need to know how to force this with Netatalk.
>
> This sound right?
>
> -Lance

I have this exact setup on my machine, and it works fine.
Just make sure all of your users are in the group
that is the owner of the dir.

You only need to set SGID on the parent dir, then all
sub-dirs/files will be created with the same permissions.

PS. 'chmod 2770 dir' will accomplish the same thing
in one step.

--
Brian Bergstrand
Systems Programmer Northern Illinois University