Re: [netatalk-admins] MacOS 9 Multi User Support.

Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] MacOS 9 Multi User Support.
From: Brian Bergstrand (brian@viper.cso.niu.edu)
Date: Wed Dec 15 1999 - 10:32:05 EST

On Tue, 14 Dec 1999, ian reinhart geiser wrote:

> I have very bad feeling i know what the answer
> is to this question but i am going to ask anyway.
>
> Is there any way to get MacOS 9s Multiuser login
> to interface with netatalk. We have a new lab of
> G4 systems and an exsisting Netatalk server. We
> have always used MacLogin but it will not support
> logins over Appleshare IP.
>
> Any Ideas?
>
> thanks in advance
>
> -ian reinhart geiser

Right now, there is not much you can do. But Apple is supposed to
be releasing an SDK Real Soon Now(tm) that will allow you
to develop authentication plug-ins for Mac OS 9's multi-user
support. When/if this happens you could write a plug-in to
authenticate to any AppleShare server, including netatalk.

--
Brian Bergstrand
Systems Programmer Northern Illinois University