Re: [netatalk-admins] Netatalk resource fork format

Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] Netatalk resource fork format
From: Dejan Ilic (svedja@lysator.liu.se)
Date: Thu Jan 14 1999 - 10:38:53 EST

On Thu, 14 Jan 1999, Mark Donnelly wrote:

> I'm giving a presentation to a UNIX users group next Wednesday covering
> filesharing to Mac boxen (netatalk) and Wintel boxen (SAMBA). On the
> issue of AppleSharing, there is at least one installation I know of that's
> looking to move from an older K-AShare that came with IRIX
> (.HSResource/.HSancillary, and a horrible product in my opinion) to
> Adrian's ASIP netatalk on a NFS'd Linux/FreeBSD server.
>
> Is there any sort of conversion utility that anybody has come up with to
> go from .HS* to .AppleDouble? Or from .rsrc (ushare) to .AppleDouble? For
> these people, I think that conversion is going to be a fairly major thing.

I'm looking into the possibility to do the same, and probably make
support for the KaShare/Samba support meanwile.

I contacted Xinet (producer of KaShare) and they told me that the
structure .HSancillary i properiaty information and that they won't
release it.

Dejan
Dejan Ilic, Tech Univ. of Linkoping, Sweden Phone:+46-13-473 01 06
Email: svedja@lysator.liu.se Web: http://www.lysator.liu.se/~svedja
[finger -l svedja@lysator.liu.se for public PGP key]