[netatalk-admins] K-AShare (Was: Netatalk resource fork format)

Subject: [netatalk-admins] K-AShare (Was: Netatalk resource fork format)
From: Mark Donnelly (mark@coe.missouri.edu)
Date: Thu Jan 14 1999 - 11:17:15 EST

On Thu, 14 Jan 1999, Mark Donnelly wrote:

> looking to move from an older K-AShare that came with IRIX
> (.HSResource/.HSancillary, and a horrible product in my opinion) to

OK, I'm going to apologize and withdraw this statement right now. This
was uncalled for on my part, as has been pointed out to me. I had a bad
experience as an end-user (and a power user at that) of K-AShare, which
I've found out isn't necessarily all that common. Esp. from the sysadmin
point of view, K-AShare is very nice.

As for the conversion facility, Lasse Hilleroe Petersen has pointed out
that the K-AShare utility karc has a -D option that puts things out in
standard AppleDouble format. Whoohoo!

That solves that particular conversion. Anybody else have any conversion
methods? ushare? CAP? Ethershare? I've already gotten a bit of an
smb.conf file that vetos appletalk internal files - is there anything else
to the integration, at this point?

Thanks all,
--Mark