Re: [netatalk-admins] atalk compile question

Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] atalk compile question
From: Robert B. Bell (rbell@tv.fu.hac.com)
Date: Tue Jan 26 1999 - 15:26:42 EST

>In the netatalk/src/linux Makefile is the following:
>
># if you aren't using pam and are using glibc, you'll need to add -lcrypt
># if you're using libc5, you'll need to take out the -lrpcsvc
>
>Q: how to find out if I'm using glibc or libc5?
I don't know, but

With the source netatalk+asun, I get a linking error

ld: cannot open -lrpcsvc: No such file or directory

I just change the line in sys/linux/Makefile from
APFLIBS=-lrpsvc
##APFLIBS=-lrpsvc
APFLIBS=

netatalk seems to work for me except for a couple of problems
(Network Trash Can, dates on files, and maybe one more with Excel)

>I have kernel 2.0.35, Slackware 3.6 installed.

I have kernel 2.0.35, Linux Pro 5.4

  Robert Bell.