Re: [netatalk-admins] Solaris 2.6 aarp_rput problem

Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] Solaris 2.6 aarp_rput problem
From: David S. (davids@fruitfly.BDGP.Berkeley.EDU)
Date: Thu Feb 18 1999 - 14:19:12 EST

On 18 Feb, Kelvin Edwards wrote:

> When I start netatalk, I get the error "NOTICE: aarp_rput probe
> collision hme0".
> In addition, no connections are allowed to netatalk via the mac chooser,
> i.e. the
> server can be selected, but the users receive an error "No response from
> the server.
> Please try again".

How often does this happen to your server? Every time that you start
it? I see the same error intermittently on Solaris 2.6 +
netatalk-1.4b2+asun<various>. It seems just to affect 'atalkd', which
I have to stop and re-start. 'afpd' continues to work fine, and I
don't know about 'papd' because I don't run that one. Also, when this
happens all the Macs on my subnet momentarily lose their connection to
the network (those running 8.5 say so, out loud).

I haven't been able to figure it out. It doesn't happen frequently
(maybe once in a month), and I can't reproduce it myself.

David S.
davids@bdgp.org