Re: [netatalk-admins] Solaris 2.6 aarp_rput problem

Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] Solaris 2.6 aarp_rput problem
From: Kelvin Edwards (kelvin@jlab.org)
Date: Thu Feb 18 1999 - 15:25:26 EST

David S. wrote:

> On 18 Feb, Kelvin Edwards wrote:
> >
> > When I start netatalk, I get the error "NOTICE: aarp_rput probe
> > collision hme0".
> > In addition, no connections are allowed to netatalk via the mac chooser,
> > i.e. the
> > server can be selected, but the users receive an error "No response from
> > the server.
> > Please try again".
> >

> How often does this happen to your server? Every time that you start
> it? I see the same error intermittently on Solaris 2.6 +
> netatalk-1.4b2+asun<various>. It seems just to affect 'atalkd', which
> I have to stop and re-start. 'afpd' continues to work fine, and I
> don't know about 'papd' because I don't run that one. Also, when this
> happens all the Macs on my subnet momentarily lose their connection to
> the network (those running 8.5 say so, out loud).
>
> I haven't been able to figure it out. It doesn't happen frequently
> (maybe once in a month), and I can't reproduce it myself.
>
> David S.
> davids@bdgp.org

When this error occurs, I will get it consistently for a period of
hours/days.
Stopping/restarting netatalk (/etc/init.d/atalk stop; /etc/init.d/atalk
start) does
not fix the problem in and of itself, however, there will be a time when a
restart
will not generate the error and all will be well.

I have not seen the problem with the Macs momentarily losing their
connection to the subnet, but that doesn't mean it isn't there. :)

Is it possible that the Mac zone is running out of addresses and that s
causing
the problem ?

--kelvin

I am running netatalk 1.4b2+asun2.1.2 on a Solaris 2.6 machine. What