Re: [netatalk-admins] Solaris 2.6 aarp_rput problem

Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] Solaris 2.6 aarp_rput problem
From: wesley.craig@umich.edu
Date: Fri Feb 19 1999 - 20:24:19 EST

> From: Kelvin Edwards <kelvin@jlab.org>
> To: "David S." <davids@fruitfly.BDGP.Berkeley.EDU>

> > On 18 Feb, Kelvin Edwards wrote:
> > > When I start netatalk, I get the error "NOTICE: aarp_rput probe
> > > collision hme0".

This message means that someone else is trying to use your server's
AppleTalk address. If it happens during boot, this is not a problem,
as the server will pick a new address. If a Mac "steals" the server's
address after afpd is up, then the server could becomes invisible.
This ought to only happen if the network become partitioned, e.g. a hub
is power-cycled.

:wes