[netatalk-admins] Filemaker pro

Subject: [netatalk-admins] Filemaker pro
From: Kevin Quick (k.c.quick@open.ac.uk)
Date: Wed Mar 03 1999 - 08:06:31 EST

I have a small network of macs logging in to a netatalk server. (pre-asun
2.1.2-8)

They have a problem with opening multi user filemaker databases. If one
user has opened the file the next one to try receives a consistency check
warning followed by a file lock error and they are unable to continue.

owner and groups permission are -rwxrwsrwt.

Am I right in thinking that this is down to the way filemaker handles
multiuser databases or is it something to do with the way unix file locks
work.

Kevin Quick
Asst. Computer Officer
Faculty of Technology
The Open University

Internet Mail: k.c.quick@open.ac.uk

     The best thing to run under Windows is radiator pipes