Re: [netatalk-admins] PAP end-of-job timeouts?

Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] PAP end-of-job timeouts?
From: wesley.craig@umich.edu
Date: Wed Mar 03 1999 - 10:16:08 EST

> From: Robert Edwards <Robert.Edwards@anu.edu.au>
> To: netatalk-admins@umich.edu

> Can anyone throw any wisdom on this? Can I add something to an LP print
> filter to add a command to disconnect the job once it is printed?

Try adding "-E" to the pap command in lp2pap.sh. There are a variety
of printers (I'm guessing the ones where Adobe wrote the PAP
implementation) that don't send EOF on the channel when the job is done
printing. This is a protocol violation, and very inconvenient for
error reporting.

psf calls pap with the -E option by default. Probably lp2pap.sh should
do the same, since several common printers exhibit this problem.

:wes