Re: [netatalk-admins] Angry FreeHand users...

Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] Angry FreeHand users...
From: wesley.craig@umich.edu
Date: Wed Mar 10 1999 - 15:25:50 EST

> From: "Scott Kveton" <kveton@orst.edu>
> To: <netatalk-admins@umich.edu>

> If the
> user does a save directly to their network directory from
> Freehand it ends up munging it beyond recognition.

> I know of the fix to get around this (with recompiling
> with the CRLF disabled) but I am wondering if this is going
> to cause problems for other programs.

This is presumably because Freehand saves files as type TEXT and then
changes the type once the file is on the server. As far as I know, the
only solution to this problem is to disable CRLF translation. Doing so
presents a problem only if your users are mostly interested in files
that are created on Unix.

:wes