Re: [netatalk-admins] Problems with sherlock searching netatalk

Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] Problems with sherlock searching netatalk
From: PayPC System Mail Subscriber (spammail@quanta.paypc.com)
Date: Wed Mar 17 1999 - 21:30:40 EST

Actually, it's not just netatalk that has problems....

LOCAL ISO9660 CD-ROM drives also do not function correctly when you're trying
to search them with Sherlock. Go ahead, try it. I dare you. :) So whatever
Apple did with Sherlock, it broke just about everything that's NOT
HFS/HFS+/Appleshare IP [and well stop my beating heart in surprise, NT
Services for Macintosh].

Shame on Apple, really. They obviously didn't test it all that much.

=R=

I may have missed a few e-mails, but... now that I have netatalk purring
smoothly [2.1.3 is a charm, Adrian]... what is the hubbub about v2 versus v1
Appledouble headers, et al? What's the bonus to using v2? What are the
risks if I run "transparent" conversion? Also.... I know there is early
support for persistent DIDs and such, have people been using this much? Does
it freak out if permissions aren't writeable [cd-roms, or secure areas]?