[netatalk-admins] Folder does not change in Finder

Subject: [netatalk-admins] Folder does not change in Finder
From: Incze Lajos (incze@mhirlap.hu)
Date: Sun Mar 28 1999 - 13:37:30 EST

I'd like to reassert one of my former messages. Nothing new
in it unless the variant of netatalk at which I was
experiancing the behaviour is now netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.3,
installed from the redhat contrib RPMS.

Let's say we have an AFP volume V and a subfolder A. We have
two Macs X and Y sharing the volume as the same user. Both X
and Y are opening volume V in the Finder. If X copies a file
to the volume V, after some seconds the change is visible on
Y's desktop as expected. Now, if both X and Y open up the
folder A in the Finder and e.g. makes some changes in it
like copies a file into this folder, _the_change_is_not_
_becoming_visible_on_Y's_desktop only if he/she (Y) closes
the Finder window and reopens it. The same applies if any of
them is trashing a file from the subfolder.

It smells a bug but perhaps I'm not aware of something (config
parameters ?). Thanks Incze