Re: [netatalk-admins] KA-Share to netatalk conversion

Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] KA-Share to netatalk conversion
From: Wenchi Liao (wliao@midway.uchicago.edu)
Date: Tue Apr 13 1999 - 12:36:16 EDT

Kenneth Cummins wrote:
>We are upgrading our fileserver, and I would like to use netatalk
>instead of KA-Share. I'm a unix admin, and didn't think about the
>resource forks, but one of our power-users was sharp enough to ask about
>it. So, is there any way to convert KA-Share files to netatalk, and
>maintain their resource forks? This will be a bulk x-fer, there are WAY
>too many files to do by hand.

See karc(1) or kunarc(1):

     KUNARC(1) K-AShare by Xinet (17 Jan 1998 8.7) KUNARC(1)

     NAME
          kunarc, karc - K-AShare
          AppleSingle/AppleDouble/BinHex/MacBinary converter

The AppleDouble described here is the one used in a/ux. I'm assuming
this is the same ApppleDouble used in netatalk. If not, the old standby
of mounting kashare and netatalk volumes and copy across.

WL