Re: [netatalk-admins] KA-Share to netatalk conversion

Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] KA-Share to netatalk conversion
From: Matthias Vogelsanger, Fleximation AG (vg@fleximation.ch)
Date: Tue Apr 13 1999 - 13:07:58 EDT

On Mit, 14. Apr 1999, 03:49:56 GMT Kenneth Cummins wrote:

>We are upgrading our fileserver, and I would like to use netatalk
>instead of KA-Share. I'm a unix admin, and didn't think about the
>resource forks, but one of our power-users was sharp enough to ask about
>it. So, is there any way to convert KA-Share files to netatalk, and
>maintain their resource forks? This will be a bulk x-fer, there are WAY
>too many files to do by hand.

Just do a backup with a Mac based backup programm (such as Retrospect) and after changing over restore it to Netatalk.

Matthias Vogelsanger
Fleximation AG Phone: +41-1-445 18 92
Technoparkstrasse 1 Fax: +41-1-445 18 93
CH-8005 Zuerich E-Mail: vg@fleximation.ch
SWITZERLAND Internet: http://www.fleximation.ch/