Re: [netatalk-admins] Solaris 2.7 and asun2.1.3 (SUMMARY)

Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] Solaris 2.7 and asun2.1.3 (SUMMARY)
From: Tim Carlson (tim@santafe.edu)
Date: Thu May 06 1999 - 10:50:52 EDT

On Thu, 6 May 1999, Charles Allen wrote:

> 64bit. We are running solaris 2.6 and experimenting with netatalk.
> Let me know how it works under solaris 2.7

This was discussed last week. If you use asun's latest and greatest
pre-release, and you compile with Sun's Workshop 5.0 compiler to get the
64 bit support, then netatalk runs fine under Solaris 2.7 on Ultra
hardware in 64bit mode. I'm running it right now (pre-asun2.1.4-11) as a
fileserver. I have TCPWRAPPER support turned on, but no PAM or
Kerberos. I've never used netatalk for printing, so I can't comment on
that aspect.

If people don't have access to the SUN compilers, I can provide binaries
and instructions for the kernel module load (assuming that is ok with
Adrian and Wes).

Tim

Tim Carlson Voice: (505) 984-8800x255
Director of Computing: Santa Fe Institute Fax: (505) 982-0565
WWW: http://www.santafe.edu/~tim Email: tim@santafe.edu