Re: [netatalk-admins] a cold wind bloweth

Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] a cold wind bloweth
From: wesley.craig@umich.edu
Date: Tue May 25 1999 - 16:13:29 EDT

> From: John Barry <jbarry@eso.org>
> To: netatalk-admins@umich.edu

> I compile stuff for a living, everything is difficult to build the first time.
> Hands up those that built perl without trouble the first time?

I'll note this: the last "release" of netatalk I made was 1.4b2 -- a
beta. It compiled pretty much cleanly and "out of the box" on all of
the platforms it was listed to work on. I really don't think that's
asking for more than a little discipline on the part of the
developers.

And, ah, "show of hands"? Good thing the whole world isn't run by
committee.

:wes