Re: [netatalk-admins] Samba/Unix File Management vs. Resource Forks?

Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] Samba/Unix File Management vs. Resource Forks?
From: Matthew Keller (kellermg@potsdam.edu)
Date: Thu Jul 15 1999 - 11:55:23 EDT

Clemens Anhuth wrote:
> so...the really safe way is to have separate windows and mac shares,
> offering an exchange volume perhaps that people would have to be
> educated about being possibly problematic?

        We have over 6000 users using our cross-platform file storage area, and
have never encountered a problem with this. Again, I'm not saying that
it can't BE a problem, I'm just staying it hasn't BEEN a problem.

--

- Matthew Keller - Lead Programmer/Analyst Distributed Computing and Telemedia State University of New York at Potsdam

Web: http://mattwork.potsdam.edu/ PGP: http://mattwork.potsdam.edu/crypto/