[netatalk-admins] access privileges question

Subject: [netatalk-admins] access privileges question
From: Dave Ritter (dritter@newtimes.com)
Date: Fri Aug 20 1999 - 17:49:03 EDT

Maybe I'm missing something...

When sharing directories with netatalk, I am trying to emulate a
behavior that I get with AppleShare servers.

With an AppleShare server, I can share a folder and set the owner of the
folder to "Admin", the folder "keeps" the settings that the owner
applies to the window (position, size, sort order, icon view)

Under netatalk, whoever has read/write rights to a folder can change
everything about the shared folder(directory).

Is there any way to set UNIX privileges to emulate the AppleShare
behavior?

I'm using netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.3
My hardware is a 400mhz K6-3 with 96 megs RAM
I'm using Mandrake 6.0 Linux with a 2.2.9 kernel

I've had lots of problems with the "network trash" issue, the only way I
was able to get around the trash problem was to have all macs access the
server as the same user

Thanks for any help,

Dave Ritter
dritter@newtimes.com