[netatalk-admins] Truncated print jobs

Subject: [netatalk-admins] Truncated print jobs
From: William Knox (wknox@mitre.org)
Date: Fri Aug 27 1999 - 16:28:54 EDT

We have a setup of a couple of hundred printers here on a new print
system that print from LPRng 3.6.5 to netatalk1.4b2+asun2.1.3. We have
had a problem with large jobs (over 1 Mb) being truncated. If we print
directly to the printer with TCP/IP printing, there is no problem, and
if we print to the printer with pap from a file of the print job, it
also prints. Therefore, it seems as though psf is somehow doing
something that truncates the job. Does anyone have any idea what may be
going on with this? We are getting beyond desparate here. Thanks in
advance for any hints that you may be able to provide.

--
			Bill Knox
			Operating Systems Programmer/Analyst