Re: [netatalk-admins] Truncated print jobs

Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] Truncated print jobs
From: Andrew Morgan (morgan@SCF.ORST.EDU)
Date: Fri Aug 27 1999 - 18:55:47 EDT

On Fri, 27 Aug 1999, William Knox wrote:

> We have a setup of a couple of hundred printers here on a new print
> system that print from LPRng 3.6.5 to netatalk1.4b2+asun2.1.3. We have
> had a problem with large jobs (over 1 Mb) being truncated. If we print
> directly to the printer with TCP/IP printing, there is no problem, and
> if we print to the printer with pap from a file of the print job, it
> also prints. Therefore, it seems as though psf is somehow doing
> something that truncates the job. Does anyone have any idea what may be
> going on with this? We are getting beyond desparate here. Thanks in
> advance for any hints that you may be able to provide.

Just to be clear, you are:

A) Printing from a mac, to a netatalk server, through LPRng and TCP/IP to
a printer

or

B) Printing to an Appletalk printer (and therefore using pap and psf)

or

C) Something else?

I got a little lost in your description. Please describe your printers,
your server, your clients, and which protocol (IP or Appletalk) is used
where...

        Andy