Re: [netatalk-admins] thank you and more...

Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] thank you and more...
From: Nicole Lallande (mipana@mipana.com)
Date: Mon Aug 30 1999 - 12:46:02 EDT

Wenchi Liao wrote:

>Well, I guess if the machine can see other ip-connected
>machines on the network with ping, the networking is fine.
>
>It doesn't seem like there is a particular problem. Can you
>do stuff? Like go through chooser on the macs and access
>the server?
>
>WL

Yes, actualy since my post I have managed to hook up my linux machine to my
apple thorugh the chooser. What I discovered (in some HOWTO out there) was
that I had to tweak the AppleVolumes.default file. I can now access my
linux filesystem from the apple. Now I have to get the other direction
going. I have had three recommendations as far as that is concerned:

1. is a commercial site www.xinet.com - have not really checked it out yet,
2. is afpfs which I understand is a completely unsupported 'alpha' version --
and 3. is hfs in RH Linux...

...a hunting I will go...

Thanks for your response,

regards,