Re: [netatalk-admins] DHX uam with Solaris?

Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] DHX uam with Solaris?
From: schinder@pobox.com
Date: Mon Sep 27 1999 - 21:17:34 EDT

On Mon, Sep 27, 1999 at 03:33:35PM -0700, Steve Hillman wrote:
} Has anyone managed to enable the DHX uam by specifying the CRYPTO dir and
} then compile netatalk under Solaris?

Yes, under Solaris 7. At least it says it's available:

Sep 8 14:28:48 leprss.gsfc.nasa.gov afpd[229]: uam: uams_dhx.so loaded

We actually haven't used it yet. We use randnum.

}
} I've got the latest snapshot (08/04/99) and the latest OpenSSL. Build
} attempts on both Solaris 2.5.1 w/ gcc-2.7.2.3 and Solaris 2.6 w/ gcc 2.95.1
} fail the same way - as soon as it tries to link the uams_randnum.o object
} file into uams_randnum.so, the linker comes back with a long list of
} symbols in the libcrypto library and the error "relocations remain against
} allocatable but non-writable sections".

Try rebuilding SSL and add a -fPIC to CFLAGS in the Makefile. I don't
remember the exact error message I was getting, but shared libraries
like things they depend on to be relocatable. As I recall, you
*don't* need to try to make .so's, all you need is that the objects in
the .a's themselves be relocatable.

}
} A search of this list's archives for this error message turns up nothing,
} and since OpenSSL support has been included inside Netatalk for a number of
} months, I suspect I might be on my own.
}
} If anyone can shed any light on this, it'd be appreciated.
}
} Thanks,
}
} Steve Hillman, Senior Systems Administrator
} 604-291-3960 Academic Computing Services
} hillman@sfu.ca Simon Fraser University
}
} "Give me ambiguity or give me something else"

--
Paul Schinder
schinder@pobox.com