Re: [netatalk-admins] newbie question about shared dirs

Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] newbie question about shared dirs
From: jcurtis@mpg.com
Date: Tue Oct 05 1999 - 18:19:35 EDT

One thing to remember is that unix/linux is a multi-user env. That means that if
you put a file in a dir and and your buddy logs in and tries to get the file he
will not be able to because it is owned by you. What I have done in the past is
when I made a user (foobar) I made him id 400 (just for example) then if I want
to also give (feebar) access to the same files I also give him id 400. That
means that 2 users share ids but have different logins. You could also make it
so the default create permissions for the group are rwx and make both users the
same group.

If there are some other ways I would like to hear them just for future
reference.......

Johua

"James Fraser" <jamie@kwantlen.bc.ca> on 10/05/99 05:53:55 PM