[netatalk-admins] Netatalk on Linux

Subject: [netatalk-admins] Netatalk on Linux
From: Daniel E. Lautenschleger (delautenschl@facstaff.wisc.edu)
Date: Mon Nov 08 1999 - 16:00:17 EST

I inherited a Red Hat 5.2 Linux box running a Netatalk 1.4 beta version and
a 2.2.10 kernel. I have a directory that holds a Mac image that is used in
conjunction with a program called RevRdist.

Anyway, the directory has a link that points to it that only allows
read-only access to the Mac image. If I log into the Linux box from a Mac
machine and make changes to the image, I can see that my changes have been
made. Now, if I log in as the read-only user who's supposedly looking at
the same directory via a link, I do not see my changes. Where the heck did
they go?

This is driving me nuts and I appreciate your help.

end

Daniel E. Lautenschleger, MCP
Network Administrator & Computer Support
Robert M. Bock Laboratories
delautenschl@facstaff.wisc.edu
voice: 608-262-3403
fax: 608-262-4570