Re: [netatalk-admins] I would like to know the answer as well?

Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] I would like to know the answer as well?
From: Tim Carlson (tim@santafe.edu)
Date: Mon Nov 08 1999 - 16:39:20 EST

On Mon, 8 Nov 1999, Chad S. Lauritsen wrote:

> That's the list's fault.

It depends on your idea of what a list should be.

Of course, this list is in poor shape for the following reasons.

1) The archives are no longer maintained
2) There is no readily available FAQ that is posted to the list

Half of the messages could be answered by.. "You are using what
version?.... my god, there are all your problems.. go see asun's ftp area"
 :-)

We could take a tip from the sun-managers list which enforces a rule of
having to post a SUMMARY to your question once it has been answered. On a
high volume list this is a great idea. sun-managers is great at what it
does. There is absolutlely no discussion on the list.. just questions and
SUMMARYs

It could be that this list is small enough so that the discussion type of
list works. But it would be nice if people summarized the answers that
they get. Of course it would be really nice if there was a searchable
archive of the list

Wes: What do you plan on doing with netatalk.org and netatalk.com?

Tim

Tim Carlson Voice: (505) 984-8800x255
Director of Computing: Santa Fe Institute Fax: (505) 982-0565
WWW: http://www.santafe.edu/~tim Email: tim@santafe.edu