Re: [netatalk-admins] I would like to know the answer as well?

Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] I would like to know the answer as well?
From: Rich Lafferty (rich@alcor.concordia.ca)
Date: Mon Nov 08 1999 - 15:43:52 EST

Quoting Chad S. Lauritsen (csl@plconline.com) from Mon, Nov 08, 1999 at 12:04:10PM -0600:
> That's the list's fault.

No, it's not. A mailing list shouldn't *ever* add a Reply-To:; that's the
job of the sender of the message.

> Could whoever runs this list fix that by adding a reply-to: field in
> the message headers or something?

No, you can fix it by using your mail agent to send your message to
wherever you want your message to go.

(For what it's worth, the mail agent "mutt" has a feature which lets
you choose reply-to-sender, reply-to-all, or reply-to-mailing-list.
I suspect you could do a macro along those lines in most other mailers,
though.)

HTH,

  -Rich

 Sysadmin/Programmer, Information and Instructional Technology Services