[netatalk-admins] Configuring a print server]

Subject: [netatalk-admins] Configuring a print server]
From: David Goodman (david_goodman@iname.com)
Date: Mon Nov 08 1999 - 21:32:03 EST

Thanks to all who replied. My problem was indeed an improper kernel config,
exacerbated by FreeBSD's lack of feedback via dmesg.

I have now rebuilt my kernel with NETATALK turned on. After I rebooted, I
was able to start atalkd, and it was even nice enough to reconfigure my
atalkd.conf file with correct numbering. After that, my print server could
see the zone I had specified. However, the iMac could not, and it could not
see the print server either. Any idea how to make the iMac see my zone?

Also, I seem to have a bigger problem. I tried to start atalkd in my
rc.local, but I get this error message when my machine starts up:

Nov 8 20:11:08 FreeBSD atalkd[1809]: bind 41201.6:6: Address already in use
Nov 8 20:11:08 FreeBSD atalkd[1809]: bind 41201.6:6: Address already in use
AppleTalk not up! Child exited with 1.

Thanks,
- Dave

--
David Goodman
Sr. Applications Developer

-----Original Message----- From: Yann Ramin [mailto:yramin@redshift.com] Sent: Thursday, November 04, 1999 7:22 PM To: Goodman, David Cc: netatalk-admins@terminator.rs.itd.umich.edu Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] Configuring a print server