Re: [netatalk-admins] I would like to know the answer as well?

Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] I would like to know the answer as well?
From: Chad S. Lauritsen (csl@plconline.com)
Date: Mon Nov 08 1999 - 16:25:35 EST

All didactic pontifications aside, I disagree. This is the only list I subscribe to that
forces me to enter the list address when I press reply. I find that inconvenient and
counter-intuitive, as I suspect do others on this list based on the fact that a request was
made to send replies to the list, not just the poster.

Rich Lafferty wrote:

> Quoting Chad S. Lauritsen (csl@plconline.com) from Mon, Nov 08, 1999 at 12:04:10PM -0600:
> > That's the list's fault.
>
> No, it's not. A mailing list shouldn't *ever* add a Reply-To:; that's the
> job of the sender of the message.

What principle are you basing this on?

> > Could whoever runs this list fix that by adding a reply-to: field in
> > the message headers or something?
>
> No, you can fix it by using your mail agent to send your message to
> wherever you want your message to go.
>
> (For what it's worth, the mail agent "mutt" has a feature which lets
> you choose reply-to-sender, reply-to-all, or reply-to-mailing-list.
> I suspect you could do a macro along those lines in most other mailers,
> though.)
>
> HTH,
>
> -Rich
>
> --
> ------------------------------ Rich Lafferty ---------------------------
> Sysadmin/Programmer, Information and Instructional Technology Services
> Concordia University, Montreal, QC (514) 848-7625

* Chad S. Lauritsen, Systems Administrator                       *
* Perfection Learning Corporation                                *
* 1000 North Second Avenue                                       *
* Logan, IA 51546                                                *
* 712.644.2831 x 223                                             *
+ Something to do, something to love, and something to hope for; +
+ these are the grand essentials of happiness.                   +