[netatalk-admins] Accentued letter printing problem

Subject: [netatalk-admins] Accentued letter printing problem
From: Guillaume Menguy (gmenguy@sdv.fr)
Date: Tue Nov 09 1999 - 11:22:25 EST

Hi,

I have a linux box running redhat6.1 + pre-asun2.1.4-36 and samba.
When I try to print from a PC, the output is okay.
When I print from a Mac, the accentuated characters are replaced by spaces.
When on a mac I chose "always download fonts to the printer", it sometimes work, sometimes not. I think it depends on the fonts installed on the mac.
And when the macs print throught an NT server, it always rocks.
Perhaps the NT server automatically send the fonts to the printer ? How can I force the Linux Box to act the same way?
Any Idea ?

Thanks.

G. Menguy