Re: [netatalk-admins] atalkd dies away / buy which NIC / I would like to know...

Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] atalkd dies away / buy which NIC / I would like to know...
From: Sean /The RIMBoy/ (sean@rimboy.com)
Date: Fri Nov 12 1999 - 12:10:19 EST

On Fri, 12 Nov 1999, Tony Grant wrote:
> Harry worte:
>
> > Seriously, just get a DEC tulip based card - never had one iota of problems
> > with those.
>
> Would love to but the two cards cost me $45 and it is a SOHO network
> where additional cash does tend to go to buying kids shoes and stuff
> like that...

Have you looked at the offerings from Netgear? You can get 10/100 PCI
cards for ~$20, 10 ISA for that price and even less.

When in doubt, use a NE2000... sure the performance stinks, but they work.

Sean...

Everything you know is wrong,
Just forget the words and sing along. --Weird Al
home: www.rimboy.com/ @home firewall howto: www.rimboy.com/firewall/
Through the server, over the router, off the firewall... Nothing but 'Net!