[netatalk-admins] permissions

Subject: [netatalk-admins] permissions
From: Jon Doyle (Jon@document-solutions.com)
Date: Sat Nov 27 1999 - 20:01:10 EST

I have had some long nights trying to figure out the permissions in SAMBA. I had a situation where I want to have this one large RAID partition accessible to users on PC's and MAC's. I found that users could do whatever they wanted to files once I copied them over and CHMOD on them for rwx in their group. What I found was that new files they created or copied over were not able to be erased by other users of the same group. Obviously a UMASK problem.

Being new to Linux; but trying hard, I searched and found that there are some entries in Samba regarding the creation of files and directories. Are there similar settlings for Atalk?

Jon

Jon R. Doyle
Systems Administrator
Document Solutions, Inc.