RE: [netatalk-admins] permissions

Subject: RE: [netatalk-admins] permissions
From: P T Withington (ptw@callitrope.com)
Date: Mon Nov 29 1999 - 10:16:23 EST

This can all be done with Unix permissions.

If you give each user a private group, then they can run with umask 002 and files they create will still be private.

For the shared directory, 'chmod g+s' will cause all files created in that directory to have the same group as the directory (rather than the user's 'home' group), hence all users in that group will have read/write access.