[netatalk-admins] My First Question - Newbie Stuff

Subject: [netatalk-admins] My First Question - Newbie Stuff
From: Jonathan (jcelliot@postoffice.utas.edu.au)
Date: Sun Nov 28 1999 - 21:06:42 EST

Hi,

I was just wondering if/why quotas slow down Netatalk so badly. A
huge degradation of performance was experienced using the latest
netatalk+asun package once quotas were turned on. This was
regardless of whether the user had unlimited space or not.

I recompiled the kernel to enable quotas and had huge problems.
After recompiling with quotas off, file transfers were extremely fast.

What gives?

Jonathan.

---
Jonathan Elliott
Technical Officer
Faculty of Arts, University of Tasmania
Ph. +61 3 6226 2060 Fax c/- +61 3 6226 7842

"Apple Computer - we might not have got everything right but at least we knew that the century would end." - Douglas Adams