[netatalk-admins] Netatalk and Samba in a Winnt domain

Subject: [netatalk-admins] Netatalk and Samba in a Winnt domain
From: Cyril Godefroy (godefroy@lelab.com)
Date: Mon Nov 29 1999 - 09:43:56 EST

I'm curious if anybody tried this:

At the moment, we have several winnt servers which are working not too bad.
One is the PDC, DNS, web and email server. The second one is a file sharing
server. The third is a database and application server.
It would be fine except that half of the machines are Mac, and pretty slow
when talking to the file server. Plus, I cannot set the file permissions as
I would like.
So I'm trying to find a way to change to a Linux box with netatalk and
samba for the file server.

One of the objectives is to keep a "simple" yet powerful user
administration. All my users are registered in the PDC, and I don't want to
have to duplicate them in the linux box.

Any ideas and comments would be appreciated.
Cyril Godefroy
Lab Production
Tel +33 1 55 07 28 28
Fax +33 1 55 07 80 92