Re: [netatalk-admins] netatalk on MacOS X Server?

Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] netatalk on MacOS X Server?
From: ME (dugan@libwais.sonoma.edu)
Date: Tue Nov 30 1999 - 17:01:19 EST

On Tue, 30 Nov 1999, Michael Bartosh wrote:
> Subject: [netatalk-admins] netatalk on MacOS X Server?
> What's the status... is traditional AppleTalk supported at this time?
> I remember a w hile ago it was not.

I created an intranet with 1 IP MASQ router (Linux Box), 1 Mac OS X
Server, 1 new G3, 1 iMac, and a laptop running Linux, and the G3, and iMac
(OS 8.1, and 8.61? (I think)) were able to see the Mac OS X Server shares
within the chooser file sharing. The Mac OS X Server also allowed me to
create a Zone. In this way I am fairly certain that AppleTalk over
ethernet was likely supported. AppleTalk over IP was supported in Mac OS X
(I am sure of this)

I did not try LocalTalk. Are you referring to LocalTalk?

-ME
Systems Department Operating Systems Analyst for the Ruben Salazar Library
              of California State University at Sonoma.
  /UNIX(/BSD/SysV)\N_NW[.]VMS\WNTS\WNTW\W95\W311\WFWG\DOS:MacOS/NeXTSTEP