RE: [netatalk-admins] "too many files open"

Subject: RE: [netatalk-admins] "too many files open"
From: P T Withington (ptw@callitrope.com)
Date: Wed Dec 15 1999 - 09:19:28 EST

I feel your pain. I have a client with the same problem, a graphics user with 8.5 on a G3, Quark/Photoshop/etc, many fonts, but all managed by ATM, not in fonts folder, she is very careful to only enable fonts she is using, but still has the problem... I am trying to upgrade her to MacOS 9.

My personal theory is that it is the proliferation of shared libraries that is causing this file open limit. My client never saw this problem in 8.1, but then, most of her apps were a generation older then.