Re: [netatalk-admins] Solaris 7 64-bit / pre-asun2.1.4-35

Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] Solaris 7 64-bit / pre-asun2.1.4-35
From: Prentice Bisbal (pbisbal@pppl.gov)
Date: Thu Dec 16 1999 - 09:28:03 EST

You need to use the Sun Workshop 5.0 compiler . As far as I know it is the only
one I know that can compile the 64-bit code. At least for the kernel. Notice
in the comments of sys/solaris/Makefile that they differentiate between a
64-bit sparc PROCESSOR and a 64-bit KERNEL. It took me a few weeks to figure out
that one. If you have it installed, the relevent section of your Makefile in
sys/solaris should look like this. Notice that there is a # after the
-D_KERNEL in the KCFLAGS section in the orignal Makefile that needs to be
removed to uncomment " -xarch=v9 -xregs=no%appl " for the 64-bit kernel.

# use gcc (gcc-2.95 on 64-bit sparc)
#CC= gcc
#KCFLAGS= -D_KERNEL -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes ${KGCCFLAGS} # -mcpu=ultrasp
arc
#OPTOPTS= -O
#CSHAREDFLAGS= -fPIC
#LDSHARED= gcc
#LDSHAREDFLAGS= -shared

# use Sun CC (for a 64-bit kernel, uncomment " -xarch=v9 -xregs=no%appl ")
CC= /opt/SUNWspro/SC5.0/bin/cc
KCFLAGS= -D_KERNEL -xarch=v9 -xregs=no%appl
OPTOPTS= -fast -xO5 -xstrconst
CSHAREDFLAGS= -KPIC
LDSHARED= cc
LDSHAREDFLAGS= -G
LDFLAGS_EXPORT=

LIBSHARED= -ldl

# -D_ISOC9X_SOURCE is handled by OSVERSION. basically, it's not needed
# with 2.5.1.
DEFS= -DNO_STRUCT_TM_GMTOFF -D__svr4__ -DSOLARIS -I../../sys/generic \
        ${OSDEFS} ${MACHINEDEFS}
INSTALL= /usr/ucb/install
AFPLIBS=
ADDLIBS= -lsocket -lnsl